What's your cybersecurity style?
Have you been up to date on how to protect yourself and your devices? Test your cybersecurity know-how in this quiz.
How safe have you been online?
Chances are, you’re one of the many people who go to bed looking at your phone and wake up looking at your phone.
We increasingly live on our devices, trusting them with confidential information and signing over our data to companies and their websites.
But do you know how to keep yourself safe online?
- Malware is malicious software. It installs secretly when a user clicks a link or does something unintentionally on their device. Once installed, malware can block access to data and programs, steal information and make systems inoperable.
- Spyware gathers data, such as account user names and passwords, and passes it on to third parties.
- Ransomware is malware used to blackmail victims by threatening to publish sensitive information or locking users out of their devices and files until a ransom is paid.
- Phishing typically uses email that appears to be from a trusted or reputable source. Unsuspecting users open the email and may provide protected information or download malware.
- Spear phishing is similar to phishing, but targets specific individuals or companies. It uses tactics like sender impersonation to increase their chances of obtaining sensitive information.
A team of designers and developers built this site, and even we have been hacked!
We can be naive about our risk to cyber attacks; after all, our jobs exist because of the internet! We’re on our computers 9 to 5, and do our best to stay up to date on digital technologies and the latest apps and trends.
Most of us have, or know someone who has, experienced a breach of cyber security. Whether a phishing email, or a spearfishing phone call, we’ve had close brushes with cybercriminals, and some of us have suffered losses.
Explore these resources to help you share cybersecurity learning with others.
We've packaged this learning into an Activity Kit that teachers or volunteers can use to teach students about cybersecurity
Have The Talk! Use these resources to teach your kids about staying safe online